UTSC Campus Farm
- October 5, 2021 - 12 – 3 pm
Introduction to Indigenous Agriculture: Putting Gardens to Bed
Hosted by Indigenous plant/agricultural knowledge keeper Isaac Crosby, the UTSC Campus Farm, and the Dept. of Sociology in partnership with the Doris McCarthy Gallery
In this three-hour hands on workshop at the UTSC Campus Farm, participants will learn about Indigenous agricultural techniques with Isaac Crosby, and then they will help to put Three Sisters gardens and medicine gardens to rest for the winter season. This will involve laying a cover crop and sorting/labelling seeds that the farm is keeping for next season, and other gardening tasks.
This free event is open only to members of the University of Toronto Scarborough community. Registration required. When registering, please use your utoronto email.
- Be able to stand on their feet for the duration of the event;
- Be able to help with gardening tasks;
- Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, hat, and sunscreen;
- Follow the the COVID guidelines of the University (this includes being fully vaccinated, and wearing a mask while on campus).
Back up rain date: Friday, October 8, 12 - 3 pm