The Doris McCarthy Gallery is closed for installation to January 21, 2023.
Our satellite space, the Instructional Centre Vitrines at U of T Scarborough, currently features Qanuqtuurunnarniq, with works by Shuvinai Ashoona.
Exhibition tours, artist spotlights and talks, lectures, and more (past and present) can be viewed on our multimedia archive, Digital DMG. And please follow us for social media content @dmg_utsc
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the most up-to-date information regarding the University of Toronto’s COVID-19 response, please visit the UTogether page.
Gallery Hours (resume January 21, 2023)
Tuesday: 11 am - 4 pm
Wednesday: 11 am - 7 pm
Thursday: 11 am - 4 pm
Friday: 11 am - 4 pm
Saturday: 11 am - 5 pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed
The Doris McCarthy Gallery welcomes all visitors. The Gallery space is wheelchair accessible. We are constantly striving to remove barriers and make both our space and services more accessible for all individuals. Exhibitions are installed at an accessible level and we provide large print labels and other interpretive materials.
The Doris McCarthy Gallery is located on the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus on the Upper Level of the Academic Resource Centre, the large copper-clad building at the center of campus. The campus is situated at the Southwest corner of Ellesmere Road and Military Trail, East of Morningside Avenue.
- From Highway 401 exit at Morningside Avenue and head southbound.
- Continue on Morningside Avenue until you reach Military Trail, and turn left, heading eastbound onto campus.
By Public Transit
- 38/38A Highland Creek: Travels east from Scarborough Town Centre RT Station and west from Rouge Hill GO Station. Exit at "University of Toronto Scarborough Campus" bus stop.
- 95B/95E York Mills: Travels east from York Mills Subway Station. Exit at "University of Toronto Scarborough Campus" bus stop.
- 95 York Mills: Travels east from York Mills Station. Exit at southwest corner of Ellesmere Road and Military Trail and walk east to UTSC.
- 905 Eglinton East Express: Travels east from Kennedy Subway Station on weekdays between 6:30am and 11:00pm. This is a 30 minute express bus and the last stop eastbound is "University of Toronto Scarborough."
- There are a number of TTC Wheel Trans stops on campus. All Wheel Trans stops are identified on the campus map. For additional information, please visit the TTC Wheel Trans website or contact them at (416) 393-4111.
- From Durham, GO Transit offers direct weekday service to U of T Scarborough. Take the GO Train to Pickering station and transfer to the GO Bus HWY 407 Express West. The next stop is the University of Scarborough.
- From the Rouge Hill GO Station take TTC bus #38 Highland Creek
- From Scarborough Town Centre GO Transit offers direct weekday service to U of T Scarborough. Take GO Bus Highway 407 Express East.
Durham Regional Transit:
- Take the DRT PULSE 900/900A Oshawa/ UofT Scarborough to campus.
Hourly and daily paid parking is available in Parking Lot A. Lot A is accessible from Military Trail, south of Ellesmere Rd. This parking lot is located south-east of the Academic Resource Centre and is about a five minute walk from the Gallery. Daily paid parking is available in Lots G & H, accessible from Military Trail (traffic light between Morningside and Ellesmere), about a ten minute walk from the Gallery.
There are a number of accessible parking spaces available for visitors to UofT Scarborough. Please see the campus map for lot locations. Display of both a provincially-issued Accessible Parking Permit and a valid paid parking receipt is required to park in any of the designated accessible parking spaces on campus.
For more information, detailed maps, and parking rates, please consult the U of T Scarborough Parking Page.
To the Instructional Centre Vitrines
The Doris McCarthy Gallery operates an off-site exhibition space in the University of Toronto Scarborough Instructional Centre vitrines. This space displays community projects and thematic exhibitions that highlight the DMG Permanent Collection. The Instructional Centre is located on the Northwest corner of Ellesmere Road and Military Trail, East of Morningside Avenue.
Walk from the Gallery
Walk between the Arts and Administration Building and the Student Centre, towards the pick-up/drop-off area. Make a right and walk towards the intersection of Military Trail and Ellesmere Road. The Instructional Centre is located on the Northwest corner of the intersection. Upon entering the Instructional Centre, walk through the double doors, and turn left at the staircase. You will find the vitrines directly ahead on the first floor.