Due to public health guidelines related to COVID-19, the Doris McCarthy Gallery is currently closed until further notice.
Though the gallery is closed, you can continue also see two public, outdoor installations at Pearson Collegiate and Malvern Public Library, presented as part of Three-Thirty. We are also offering virtual exhibitions and programming. Exhibition tours, artist spotlights and talks, lectures, and more (past and present) can be viewed on our multimedia archive, Digital DMG. And please follow us for social media content @dmg_utsc
We hope to see you again soon! If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Doris McCarthy Gallery welcomes all visitors. The Gallery space is wheelchair accessible. We are constantly striving to remove barriers and make both our space and services more accessible for all individuals. We provide large print versions of the floor plan as well as large print labels and other interpretive materials.
To the Gallery
The Doris McCarthy Gallery is located on the University of Toronto Scarborough Campus on the Upper Level of the Academic Resource Centre, the large copper-clad building at the center of campus. The campus is situated at the Southwest corner of Ellesmere Road and Military Trail, East of Morningside Avenue.
- From Highway 401 exit at Morningside Avenue and head southbound.
- Continue on Morningside Avenue until you reach Military Trail, and turn left, heading eastbound onto campus.
By Public Transit
- The Doris McCarthy Gallery is Accessible by TTC bus routes 905 Eglinton East Express, 38/38A Highland Creek, 95B/95E York Mills, and 95 York Mills.
- From Durham, GO Transit offers direct weekday service to U of T Scarborough. Take the GO Train to Pickering station and transfer to the GO Bus HWY 407 Express West. The next stop is the University of Scarborough.
- From the Rouge Hill GO Station take TTC bus #38 Highland Creek
- From Scarborough Town Centre GO Transit offers direct weekday service to U of T Scarborough. Take GO Bus Highway 407 Express East.
Durham Regional Transit:
- Take the DRT PULSE 900/900A Oshawa/ UofT Scarborough to campus.
Hourly and daily paid parking is available in Parking Lot A. Lot A is accessible from Military Trail, south of Ellesmere Rd. This parking lot is located south-east of the Academic Resource Centre and is about a five minute walk from the Gallery. For detailed maps and information about parking at U of T Scarborough please consult the university Parking Page.
To the Instructional Centre Vitrines
The Doris McCarthy Gallery operates an off-site exhibition space in the University of Toronto Scarborough Instructional Centre vitrines. This space displays community projects and thematic exhibitions that highlight the DMG Permanent Collection. The Instructional Centre is located on the Northwest corner of Ellesmere Road and Military Trail, East of Morningside Avenue.
Walk from the Gallery
Walk between the Arts and Administration Building and the Student Centre, towards the pick-up/drop-off area. Make a right and walk towards the intersection of Military Trail and Ellesmere Road. The Instructional Centre is located on the Northwest corner of the intersection. Upon entering the Instructional Centre, walk through the double doors, and turn left at the staircase. You will find the vitrines directly ahead on the first floor.