UTSC Campus Farm
- October 22, 2021 - 12 – 3 pm
Introduction to Indigenous agriculture: Planting Before Winter
Hosted by Indigenous plant/agricultural knowledge keeper Isaac Crosby, the UTSC Campus Farm, and the Dept. of Sociology in partnership with the Doris McCarthy Gallery
In this three-hour hands on workshop at the UTSC Campus Farm, participants will learn about Indigenous agricultural techniques with Isaac Crosby, and then they will help to plant crops that need the winter to grow for next season. Participants will learn about, and help plant, potatoes and garlic in different kinds of soil. This will help us to learn which areas of the farm and which types of soil, and which agricultural techniques, are best suited for this project.
This free event is open only to members of the University of Toronto Scarborough community. Registration required. When registering, please use your utoronto email.
- Be able to stand on their feet for the duration of the event;
- Be able to help with gardening tasks;
- Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, hat, and sunscreen;
- Follow the the COVID guidelines of the University (this includes being fully vaccinated, and wearing a mask while on campus).
Back up rain date: Monday, October 25, 12 - 3 pm