UTSC Campus Farm
- September 27, 2021 - 11 am – 2 pm
Introduction to Indigenous Agriculture: Harvesting the Three Sisters
Hosted by Indigenous plant/agricultural knowledge keeper Isaac Crosby, the UTSC Campus Farm, and the Dept. of Sociology in partnership with the Doris McCarthy Gallery
In this three-hour hands on workshop at the UTSC Campus Farm, participants will learn about Indigenous agricultural techniques with Isaac Crosby. Participants will help to harvest the corn, beans, and squash from the Three Sisters mounds that were planted in May 2021.
This free event is open only to members of the University of Toronto Scarborough community. Registration required. When registering, please use your utoronto email.
Participants must :
- Be able to stand on their feet for the duration of the event;
- Be able to help with gardening tasks;
- Wear closed-toe shoes, long pants, hat, and sunscreen;
- Follow the the COVID guidelines of the University (this includes being fully vaccinated, and wearing a mask while on campus).
Back up rain date: Friday, October 1, 11 am - 2 pm